Mini Pedals Kid's Mountain Bike Camp
Time & Location
About The Event
Mini Pedals exists to encourage, challenge, and educate children to be comfortable and confident on their mountain bike. Friendships are forged on the trail, challenges are overcome on the trail, and confidence is built on the trail. Being able to overcome the challenges that they face on the bike, persist, and continue riding, are directly related to skills they need in life.
This week of camp will establish a solid foundation of fundamental skills. We will assess each child’s individual ability and skill level to determine how we progress them and their riding. Children will be taught in a group of 8-10 students per instructor, ensuring proper attention to each rider.
Lunch will be provided by local bike shops.
Things your child needs:
- Bike - A working trail worthy bike. Highly recommended to run your bike by your local bike shop for a tune up prior to the clinic. (working on making a deal with Race Pace for tune ups before the clinic) Race Pace will assess your child’s bike for free to ensure it is trail worthy. Bike must have hand brakes only (no coaster brakes). No training wheels. No kickstands.
- A helmet
- Flat pedals
- Closed toe shoes - Five ten shoes or skate style shoe (Vans) are recommended over a trail shoe, but not mandatory
- Bike gloves highly recommended
- Hydration pack is recommended, but water bottle is sufficient (water coolers to refill water will be provided)
- Bug spray
- Medication - Epi Pen if needed for allergies. Albuterol is needed for asthma. If needed, they must be carried by the camper at all times
- Camp is rain or shine unless severe weather event
- Sold OutMP 6-8 years old$280$2800$0
- MP 9-10 years old$280$2800$0
- Sold OutMP 11-12 years old$280$2800$0