Mon, Jul 24|
Pickall Area- Patapsco State Park
July 24-28 Mini Pedals Kids Mountain Bike Camp
Mini Pedals exists to encourage, challenge, and educate children to be comfortable and confident on their mountain bike. Friendships are forged on the trail, challenges are overcome on the trail, and confidence is built on the trail.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 10:00 AM – Jul 28, 3:00 PM
Pickall Area- Patapsco State Park, 8125 Johnnycake Rd, Windsor Mill, MD 21244, USA
About The Event
Mini Pedals, in partnership with Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park, exists to encourage, challenge, and educate children to be comfortable and confident on their mountain bike. Friendships are forged on the trail, challenges are overcome on the trail, and confidence is built on the trail. Being able to overcome the challenges that they face on the bike, persist, and continue riding, are directly related to skills they need in life.
This week of camp will establish a solid foundation of fundamental skills. We will assess each child’s individual ability and skill level to determine how we progress them and their riding. Children will be taught in a group of 8-12 students per instructor, ensuring proper attention to each rider.
(will change slightly each day)
10:00 Arrive and check-in with camp host
10:15- 11:00 Warm Up and Skills session
11:15- 12:15 Ride
1:00-1:30 Tech Talk
3:00 Head Home
Things your child needs:
- Bike - A working trail worthy bike. Highly recommended to run your bike by your local bike shop for a tune up prior to the clinic. No training wheels. No kickstands.
- A helmet
- Flat pedals
- Closed toe shoes - Five ten shoes or skate style shoe (Vans) are recommended over a trail shoe, but not mandatory
- Bike gloves highly recommended
- Hydration pack is recommended, but water bottle is sufficient (water coolers to refill water will be provided)
- Bug spray
- Medication - ie. Epi Pen if needed for allergies. Albuterol if needed for asthma. If needed, they must be carried by the camper at all times
- Camp is rain or shine unless severe weather event
**Camp will be held at the Pickall area of Patapsco...detailed instructions will be sent prior to camp!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation 30+ days prior to the event will receive a full refund. Cancellation less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a refund if the spot can be filled before camp begins. Cancellation within 24 hours of camp will forfeit their camp payment even if the spot is filled.
This is for children who will be 6 or 7 years of age during the week of bike camp.
This is for campers who will be either 8 or 9 years of age
This is for riders who will be 10, 11 or 12 years of age during the camp week.
Jul 01, 3:00 PM
We will pull from the waitlist in order as we have cancellations.
Extra 10 spots. No age range! Any riders 6-12.