Mon, Jul 20|
Patapsco Valley State Park - Hilton Area
Mini Pedals exists to encourage, challenge, and educate children to be comfortable and confident on their mountain bike. Friendships are forged on the trail, challenges are overcome on the trail, and confidence is built on the trail.
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2020, 10:00 AM – Jul 24, 2020, 3:00 PM
Patapsco Valley State Park - Hilton Area, 1101 Hilton Ave, Catonsville, MD 21228, USA
About The Event
Kids in this group are generally ages 11-12 with a bike skill level that allows them to ride on mountain bike trails in Patapsco State Park. Camper should be able to ride 6-8+ miles at a time over roots, rocks, and obstacles.
This week of camp will establish a solid foundation of fundamental skills. We will assess each child's individual ability and determine how we progress them and their riding. Children will be taught in groups of 8-9 students per instructor, ensuring proper attention to each rider.
Camp will take place at Hilton Tire Park from 10am-3pm daily!
Things your child needs:
- Bike - A working trail worthy bike. Highly recommended to run your bike by your local bike shop for a tune up prior to the clinic. No training wheels. No kickstands.
- Flat pedals
- Closed toe shoes - Five Ten shoes or skate style shoe (Vans) are recommended over a trail shoe, but not mandatory.
- Bike Gloves - highly recommended
- Hydration pack - recommended, but water bottle is sufficient (water coolers to refill water will be provided).
- Bug Spray
- Medication - ie. Epi Pen if needed for allergies. Albuterol if needed for asthma. If needed, they must be carried by the camper at all times.
**In cases of inclement weather, camp will be closed due to inability to access pavilions**
MP Kids Camp Ages 11-12$325.00Sold Out
This event is sold out